Mpigi Women with Disabilities Association (MPWDA) a Community Based Organisation which was established to bring together all women and girls with disabilities of different categories. MPWDA is the unmbrella association for all women in Mpigi district.
Mission: To coordinate and facilitate development programmes for the equalisaiton of opportuntiies and better quality life of women and girls with disabilities.
Vision: “Self-reliant, responsible and joyful women and girls with disabilities accessing equal opportunities in society”
- Objective 1: To build the capacity of women with disabilities to be self-reliant through improving their education, skills training and talents so as to access markets for their products at all levels
- Objective 2: To increase reproductive maternal health rights for girls and women with disabilities
- Objective 3: To create awareness among Girls and women with disabilities to reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS
- Objective 4: To create awareness among the public about the rights and potentials of Girls and Women with Disabilities
- Objective 5: To strengthen the structures of Mpigi Women with Disabilities Association for effective lobbying, advocacy, promotion of rights and a unified voice for girls and women with disabilities association
- Objective 6: To mobilise girls and women with disabilities association to form and register groups in order to lobby and benefit from income and other community development programmes